May I type on my computer on Chol Hamoed?

What Will Happen When Moshiach Comes?

by Mendel Green

www.moshiach.com

Library » Israel » Messiah | Subscribe | What is RSS?

When Moshiach comes the difficult reality of the world we know will be transformed into the serene utopia of the world the Torah envisions.

Maimonidies, one of the greatest Jewish authorities of all time, writes1: "Moshiach will restore the Davidic dynasty, rebuild the Holy Temple in Jerusalem, bring the exiled Jewish people back to their Homeland. At that time, all the laws of the Torah will once again be fully applicable".2 

The changes of Moshiach's era will affect all of mankind, all of existence. As Maimonidies coninues3: "There will be no more hunger, no more wars, no more jealousy..."

There will be no more hate, no more conflict between peoples, no more wars among nations. There will be no more friction between the different races and ethnic groups. People will find peace and harmony not only with others but also within themselves. No more inner turmoil.

Sounds like a dream world? How does this tremendous change of nature occur?

Every person, Judaism teaches us, is in essence good. All the negativity that we associate with the human condition is not the real us; they are a result of all the external influences, including the suffering and hardship we endure. All of this conceals the innate goodness which comes from within. When Moshiach will come G-d will enable us to remove the external cover so that our true inner goodness will be allowed to surface. Hate, jealousy, laziness; arrogance, anger among all other human frailties which are in essence mere additions to our core of humanity will disappear as we are given opportunity to express our real essence.

All the negativity that we associate with the human condition is not the real us; they are a result of all the external influences, including the suffering and hardship we endure
G-d will likewise eliminate illness and hunger, all the inherent goodness in nature will surface in all areas of life, in fact the world will realize the ultimate reason for which it was created, any sensible person believes that G-d's world was not intended for all the pain and suffering which we've experienced is the past, and indeed Judaism has taught us that what has transpired from creation until the present, is all part of a process. As the student who goes to school, stays up all night studying, takes the exams, and all this while trying to cope emotionally and socially with life, for the ultimate purpose of getting a degree, which will enable the graduate to make it in life, similarly all the suffering now, is only part of a process which will become clear when Moshiach comes.

The peace and harmony we will experience then, is a manifestation of a more G-dly state which will prevail. All of mankind will recognize that G-d is the creator who put all of us in this universe to fulfill his or her purpose. And then we will have the ability to appreciate, and have the desire to fulfill, that purpose.

And there could be no greater feeling of achievement and fulfillment, then the knowledge that one is living up to the purpose for which he or she was created. There can be no more profound feeling of satisfaction then one's own legitimization -- that I belong, that I have a purpose, and that I live up to that purpose. The hope for Moshiach is the hope to realize our G-d given potential. And that is the hope of all hopes.

Based on article republished with permission from www.moshiach.com

• 1. Maimonidies laws of Kings 11:1
  • 2. Many of the Torah laws are contingent on the existence of a Holy Temple.
  • 3. Maimonidies laws of Kings 12:5

Philosophy » Messiah

Moshiach
The Messiah. Moshiach is the person who will usher in an era of peace and tranquility for all of humanity when there will be no jealousy or hate, wars or famine. This is a fundamental Jewish belief.
Jerusalem
Established by King David to be the eternal capital of Israel. Both Temples were built there, and the third Temple will be situated there when the Messiah comes.