Why should I pray when I'm not motivated?

When is the Messiah finally going to arrive?

Library » Israel » Messiah | Subscribe | What is RSS?

The Torah says,1 "[When] you will return unto the Lord, your G-d, and listen to His voice, according to everything that I command you today . . with all your heart and all your soul. Then the Lord, your G-d, will bring back your captivity and have mercy upon you. And He will gather you in from all the nations..."

It is our obligation to increase our acts of goodness and kindness to hasten moshiach's revelation
The Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M. Schneersohn, has prophetically informed us that we are currently living in the generation of the messianic redemption. It is our obligation to increase our acts of goodness and kindness to hasten his revelation.

• 1. Deut. 30:2.

Exactly

Posted by: Yudayajin, Kobe, Japan on Feb 06, 2006

Everyone says how the Moshiach is near and we should increase our good deads, but why? If in the Messianic age all Jews will do Teshuvah and receive the opportunity to connect to Hashem why do people need to act good now? Yes it might bring the Moshiach sooner, but this can't motivate people.

The more you study about the Messianic Age, the more you will be motivated to do whatever is in your power to hasten the onset of this Era.

Philosophy » Messiah

Lubavitcher
One who follows the teachings of the Chassidic group which was formerly based in the Belarus village of Lubavitch. Today, the movement is based in Brooklyn, New York with branches worldwide. The Lubavitch movement is also widely known as "Chabad."