Where did Cain reside after murdering his brother Abel?

What happens if I don't do one of the Mitzvahs?

Library » Mitzvot » Repentance | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question:

What happens if a Jew doesn't follow one of the Mitzvahs? Thanks for your insight about this, Derrick

Answer:

He loses an opportunity to unite with G-d. He wounds his soul. And he severs a connection with his Creator, his people, and his true self.

He also creates an opportunity to do Teshuvah: to return.

Through a sin he creates a dark spot. Darkness is not good. But a dark spot is also a potential area for additional light. And additional light is very good.

So if he sinned let him use it as opportunity to return to G-d, to his people, and to his true self.

If he didn't sin, let him remember the above as a preventative for succumbing to the temptations of sin.

Let him also remember that through doing a Mitzvah he takes advantage of an oppurtunity to connect with G-d. He strengthens and delights his soul. And he connects to his Creator, his People and his true self.

Mitzvot
Holidays » Yom Kippur » Repentance
Mitzvot » Should I do them?

Teshuvah
Repentance. Or, more literally, "return" to G-d. Teshuvah involves regretting the past and making a firm resolution not to repeat the offense.