What is the prodedure of a Pidyon Haben?

What is the extent of my free will, and what is out of my control?

Library » Philosophy » Free Choice | Subscribe | What is RSS?

myChoice: does Hashem decide what mood a person should be in or is that under free will?

Mrs. Mendelsohn: putting yourself in a good mood is your free will

Mrs. Mendelsohn: hashem gives us challenges; it’s our free will what to do with them

myChoice: so can Hashem make a train break down and be late for it's destination? can He make the workers work faster or slower

Mrs. Mendelsohn: he can make a train brake down

Mrs. Mendelsohn: the workers have a choice how fast to work

Mrs. Mendelsohn: you don’t have a choice how fast they are working

Mrs. Mendelsohn: so you must accept that as how G-d wants

Mrs. Mendelsohn: they though must work harder

Mrs. Mendelsohn: everything can be divided in to 2 categories

myChoice: which?

Mrs. Mendelsohn: what’s being done to you. And what you are doing, i.e. how you are reacting.

Mrs. Mendelsohn: what’s being done to you, you must accept that is what G-d wants

Mrs. Mendelsohn: now what you do about it, is your free choice.

myChoice: i see, that's clear now, that's a really good way of putting it

Mrs. Mendelsohn: the choice is yours: do you get upset and frustrated when things don’t go your way

Mrs. Mendelsohn: or do you use that as an opportunity to work on yourself and grow?

myChoice: i'm working on it ;)

Hashem
"The Name." Out of respect, we do not explicitly mention G-d's name, unless in the course of prayer. Instead, "Hashem" is substituted.