Is there any significance to the four species, besides the unity thing?

How do I wash Mayim Acharonim?

Library » Daily Life » Eating | Subscribe | What is RSS?

– Water is poured once on the fingers of each hand. The waters should reach at least the second joint of the fingers (the joint closest to the knuckles) – for that is the area which becomes dirtiest during the meal. The fingers should be pointed (slightly) downwards during the washing.

– Chabad custom is to wipe the lips of the mouth with the still-moist fingers.

– Birkat Hamazon should immediately follow Mayim Acharonim, without any interruption. It is, however, permitted to utter two or three words between Mayim Acharonim and Birkat Hamazon.

See also Why do we wash our fingertips before Grace after Meals?

Birkat Hamazon
Grace after Meals. A Biblically mandated prayer, consisting of four blessings, recited after eating more than an ounce of bread.