When do we read the Megillah?

I'm Jewish and my child wishes to convert to Christianity

Library » Jewish Identity » Non-Jews » Other Religions - Missionaries | Subscribe | What is RSS?

If I were to meet your daughter in person I would tell her that she can convert.

However, I would also explain to her that in order for her to properly convert she must consciously leave one religion and acquire another. While your daughter may be tempted to acquire another, I don’t think she is really leaving anything, because, with all due respect, I highly doubt she knows what Judaism really is. Therefore, in order for her to make an authentic, mature, well informed, objective decision regarding conversion, she must first study Judaism proper, and then if she finds that Judaism has questions that cannot be answered within Judaism, but Christianity has the answers to those questions, she can go ahead and convert.

Until she does that she is not converting, rather she is being duped.

For help with the study of Judaism as a preparation for her true conversion, I would suggest that she contact her local Chabad Rabbi. In the interim I would also suggest that your daughter read a book called “Ordained to be a Jew”.