Is it true that we eat kosher for health reasons?

May I enter a church in order to vote?

Library » Jewish Identity » Non-Jews » Other Religions - Missionaries | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Mrs. Bronya Shaffer: Welcome......how can I help you?:)

me: Just a quick question

me: I recently moved to a new location and updated my voting registration.

me: In my new voting district, voting takes place at a church.

me: Is there a Halachic problem with going into a church only to vote?

Mrs. Bronya Shaffer: does it take place in the sanctuary itself?

voter: i don't know....i dout it

Mrs. Bronya Shaffer: there is no issue with you entering in order to vote as long as it isn't in the sanctuary **

Mrs. Bronya Shaffer: and i'm pretty sure that the voting is always done in a side room

voter: Many thanks! I hope you have a great day

** Please note, in all areas of Halacha, Jewish law, please consult with your local orthodox Rabbi as there may be different opinions or customs.

Halachic
Pertaining to Jewish Law.
Halacha
Jewish Law. All halacha which is applicable today is found in the Code of Jewish Law.