Is there any source for the Ten Sefirot in the Bible or in Midrash?

What can my son answer missionaries who approach him?

Library » Jewish Identity » Non-Jews » Other Religions - Missionaries | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Shlomo: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment...what's on your mind?

karenf: What is the proper response to a Christian who asks,

karenf: My son is being questioned by Christians as to his faith and wants to know how to respond to them when they ask, "Have you found Jesus?" One doesn't want to be rude, but also one wants to be respected for who we are.

Rabbi Shlomo: The best way to respond is "Jesus is not part of my faith, so rather than debate or compare religions, why don't we live and let live. I won't impose my religion on you, please don't impose your religion on me.

karenf: Thank you. That sounds like a great answer. I'll pass it on to him.

Rabbi Shlomo: My pleasure.

Rabbi Shlomo: In his own mind though...

Rabbi Shlomo: the best defense is offense. The more he learns about his own heritage, the less he will be bothered by these questions. The better he understands Judaism, the weaker these challenges will become

karenf: That's a new way to look at the situation. We will look into learning more. Thank you so much, Rabbi.