May I recite the blessing on tzitzit during the night?

Which spiritual deficiencies led to the symptoms of tzaraat (“leprosy”)?

by Rabbi Yossi Marcus

Library » Miscellaneous » Health Issues » Tzaraas ("Leprosy") | Subscribe | What is RSS?

The Talmud (Erchin 15a) lists seven sins that lead to tzaraat: Gossip; murder; immorality; swearing falsely; arrogance; theft; stinginess.

Other midrashic texts add idolatry; robbing the public, and others.

(From a Kabbalistic perspective, tzaraat stems from a lack of focus on elevating the physical world and instead trying to escape it (like Nadav and Avihu). In Kabbalah- speak: ratzoh without shov.)

TAGS: tzaraas, leprosy

Jewish mysticism. The word Kaballah means "reception," for we cannot physically perceive the Divine, we merely study the mystical truths which were transmitted to us by G-d Himself through His righteous servants.
(adj.) Pertaining to Kabbalah—Jewish mysticism.