Are Tefillin worn on Purim?

If I'm sinning, how can I pray to G-d?

by Rabbi Tzvi Freeman

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Each morning, when we wake up, we say in our prayers, "My G-d, the soul You gave me is pure."

No matter what you do with your life, your soul remains pure. Even at the time you are committing the worst crime, your soul screams inside like a captive woman, remaining faithful to her Beloved Above.

And now you want to take away from her that last opportunity to scream out loud for help?

That was such a beautiful mashal

Posted by: Shuli, Merion, PA on Apr 18, 2005

wow, that mashal of a captive lady was so beautiful and inspiring... it was something to really think about

If I am sinning, how can I pray to G_D?

Posted by: Mark N., La Grange, GA on Apr 24, 2006

Yes, I want to relieve her of any opportunity to scream at all. While I know it may not be possible to never sin, should I not aspire to be closer to He whom gave me this soul?

Prayer

Posted by: George, Netherlands on Aug 27, 2006

Isn't it wonderful that we have an awesome GOD? Thank you for a beautiful response.

can I pray when I'm sinning

Posted by: Carolyn Makovi on Jan 21, 2007

I burst into tears when I read the rabbi's answer. I've long ago done tshuvah, but I cried when I read that my soul never left G-d.

The soul has various levels, some are affected by sin, and some transcend sin. Prayer is a form of soul expression; it can come from the deepest elements within the soul.

the soul

Posted by: Anonymous, Germany on Jan 27, 2007

it's great to know that the soul stays always clse to G-d ....but it's logic in a way i mean the suol comes from G-d... and i think we can feel it so many times!! For example when ppl in my relgion class say that G-d didn't create the world, I'm so hurt I'M crying...just because my soul is so hurt!!

Mitzvot » Prohibitions
Mitzvot » Prayer » I'd love to pray, but...