What is the symbolism of the Star of David?

Someone prayed for G-d to punish me. Should I be worried?

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

If I understand your question correctly, you are concerned because someone prayed that you should be put in an undesirable position. If you did nothing wrong, you do not have to be concerned at all -- for G-d is just and would never listen to a prayer whose goal is to harm an innocent person!

If you feel guilty for what you have done, perhaps you think you should have been more sensitive, then you should ask this woman for forgiveness, and then everything will be fine.

someone prayed for G-d to punish me....

Posted by: Pat, Los Angeles, CA on Oct 22, 2006

"for G-d is just and would never listen to a prayer whose goal is to harm an innocent person!"

But if that person is not innocent would G-d listen to a prayer whose goal is to harm that guilty person?

Understanding that the guilty should asked forgiveness.

"If you take your neighbor's garment as security, until sunset you shall return it to him, for it is his only covering; it is his garment for his skin. With what shall he lie? And it shall be [that] if he cries out to Me, I will hear because I am gracious" -- Exodus 22:25-26.

Mitzvot » Prayer » About