What is the Jewish view on Marriage?

I know limited Hebrew, can I pray in English?

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Cleo: I know limited Hebrew, does Hashem hear my prayers in English?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: yes He does, he understand all languages

Cleo: Excellent

Cleo: I'm studing Hebrew, but I'm no expert.

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: it all takes time :-)

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: the great talmudic sage Rabbi Akiva could not read hebrew until he was 40 years old

Cleo: Wow! Thats an interesting fact. Would I be permited to Daven at Chabad (coming from Reform?)

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: absolutely - Chabad is open to all jews - reform, conservative, orthodox, non affiliated and any jew that moves

Cleo: I'm lacking ritualist observance and would like to learn more, I will conact the Rabbi at the Shul at XXX State today. :)

Cleo: Thank you for your patience with my limited knowledge

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: At xxx state university?

Cleo: Yes.

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: do you go to school there?

Cleo: No but I live there

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: kewl... the Chabad rabbi there is a friend and former classmate of mine

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: you can tell him you met me on askmoses and I say hello :-)

Cleo: Excellent; I'm writing your name down now! :) Shalom! and Laila Tov!

Mitzvot » Prayer » I'd love to pray, but...
Mitzvot » Prayer » Laws and Customs

Shul
(Yiddish) Synagogue.
Hashem
"The Name." Out of respect, we do not explicitly mention G-d's name, unless in the course of prayer. Instead, "Hashem" is substituted.
Daven
(Yiddish) Pray.