If I violated Shabbat, do I keep on observing the rest of the day?

Must one be married to qualify as a rabbi?

by Rabbi Simcha Bart

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

With regards to Torah obligations, rabbis are no different than any other Jew—whichever rules apply to all Jews apply to rabbis as well, and vice versa.

That being said, every Jew is obligated to marry. The first Mitzvah in the Torah is: “Be fruitful and multiply.”

Rabbis are no different than any other Jew—whichever rules apply to all Jews apply to rabbis as well, and vice versa
Yet if for whatever reason a candidate for the rabbinate hasn’t yet found his soul mate, that doesn’t automatically disqualify him.

[Still it would be up to the individual congregation to decide if they wish to hire someone who hasn’t “settled down” yet.]

Mitzvot » Prayer » Synagogue
Life Cycle » Marriage » About