Do we teach young children about the Binding of Issac?

Is it okay to bring a prayer booklet into a restroom if it's in a jacket pocket?

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: Welcome to the Rabbi's one on one chat room, how can I help you today?

love2pray: I carry this booklet in my jacket pocket which contains the Minchah and Maariv prayers, as well as the Grace After Meals and some other useful prayers. i'm wondering if it's then acceptable to wear that jacket in a restrooom.

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: yes, because it is covered

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: but it is better if you would keep the book inside a little packet so that it would be in two covers

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: or maybe if you wore a coat over your jacket

love2pray: Pefect. I'll add the extra cover.

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: :-)

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: obviously, if you can leave the jacket outside the restroom, that is ideal. but many times you can't do that

love2pray: Correct. 

love2pray: Thanks very much for your advice.

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: Thank you for visiting Ask Moses today and I invite you to come back at any time

love2pray: I will. I am a frequent visitor as well as supporter - this is a great service.

Mitzvot » Prayer » Laws and Customs

Grace After Meals
Biblically mandated prayer, consisting of four blessings, recited after eating more than an ounce of bread.
Maariv
Evening prayer service. One of the three prayers a Jew is obligated to pray every day.
Minchah
Afternoon prayer service. One of the three prayers a Jew is obligated to pray every day.