What is the Torah reading for Chanukah?

Why pray in a Synagogue/Shul?

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Shlomo: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment...what's on your mind?

Gee: why do we Daven in shuls? Wouldn_t it be the same if we had Minyan in house?

Gee: I was wodering what is the purpose we daven in a Shul.

Rabbi Shlomo: When we dedicate and area for something it gives that act more significance. For example when people eat in restaurants it feels different than eating the same food at home

Rabbi Shlomo: And so when we dedicate a building for the purpose of serving Hashem, and for the purpose of bringing people together, that building becomes holy and much more powerful for those things

Gee: Ok, I get it, thanks for your help

Rabbi Shlomo: You're welcome. Have a nice day!

Mitzvot » Prayer
Mitzvot » Prayer » Synagogue

Shul
(Yiddish) Synagogue.
Hashem
"The Name." Out of respect, we do not explicitly mention G-d's name, unless in the course of prayer. Instead, "Hashem" is substituted.
Daven
(Yiddish) Pray.
Minyan
A quorum consisting of ten adult male Jews. A minyan is necessary to recite the kaddish or to publicly read from the Torah scroll.