Why don't we speak after washing our hands before eating bread?

Are there any official prayers for finding a job?

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question:

What prayer can I say to find a job?

Answer:

The Amidah (Shmoneh Esrai) prayer, which is recited three times a day, includes a request for livelihood.

One should also recite Psalms, as all Psalms are suitable prayers for all good things.

Additionally, give charity, even if it is just a penny or a nickel, every day, and pledge to give more when you have a job and will have more to give.

And of course, don't forget to go out looking for a job!

Mitzvot » Prayer

Amidah
Highlight of every prayer, recited silently while standing. Weekday Amidah consists of nineteen blessings, Sabbath and holiday Amidah contains seven blessings.
Psalms
The Book of Psalms. One of the 24 books of the Bible. Compiled by King David; mostly comprised of poetic praise for G-d. A large part of our prayers are culled from this book.