What is the Secret of Jewish Survival?

Why is it important to pray in a synagogue?

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

It is actually vital for a Jew to attend the synagogue for prayers every day of the week. Our sages tell us that since the destruction of the Holy Temple G-d's presence (which used to be (and to a certain extent still remains) in the Holy Temple) can be accessed in a synagogue. In simpler words, your prayers are accepted quicker when they are uttered in the holy confines of a synagogue.

Prayer and Synagogue

Posted by: Sylvia Rivkah Holan, USA on Oct 14, 2005

"your prayers are accepted quicker when they are uttered in the holy confines of a synagogue."

Regarding the aforementioned quote taken from an earlier posting. I wish to note that I grew up in a community where my family constituted the entire Jewish population (community). We did not have a Shul close by and since we lived on a large farm my Father and Mother set aside one room in our home for all services, this became our "Shul" be it proper or not, we never had a minyan as I come from a family of five daughters and no sons, my Father did raise us to be "Eishet Chayil"

I think that your point is valid, but I also know that your prayers are heard by G*d if you come with an open and true heart.

I am now fortunate to be able to attend Shul and find great comfort there, but often I miss that room where I covered my head with my sisters, my Mother and would listen and learn from my Father.

l'Shalom,

Mitzvot » Prayer » Synagogue