Does a mourner dance by hakafot on Simchat Torah?

What should I do if I missed one of the daily prayers?

by Rabbi DovBer Pinson

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

You can still pray until midday. If you miss midday, then pray the next prayer [Minchah, the afternoon prayer] twice--just the shmoneh esrai [the “Eighteen,” a.k.a. the 'Amidah', the central section of formal Jewish prayer].

Likewise, in the event that someone missed the afternoon Minchah prayer, s/he should add another 'amidah' prayer after praying 'Maariv', the evening prayer. If someone missed 'Maariv', he should add an extra 'amidah' prayer after praying 'Shacharit' in the morning.

Mitzvot » Repentance
Holidays » Yom Kippur » Repentance
Mitzvot » Prayer » Laws and Customs

Amidah
Highlight of every prayer, recited silently while standing. Weekday Amidah consists of nineteen blessings, Sabbath and holiday Amidah contains seven blessings.
Shacharit
Morning prayer service. One of the three prayers a Jew is obligated to pray every day.
Maariv
Evening prayer service. One of the three prayers a Jew is obligated to pray every day.
Minchah
Afternoon prayer service. One of the three prayers a Jew is obligated to pray every day.