On which calendar dates can't an upsherin be held?

Is there a prayer I can say to assist me in my battle against my Yetzer Hara?

by Rabbi Shalom Hazan

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

The Talmud says that if the Yetzer Hara is bothering you, take him to the study-hall. In other words, learn some Torah. The best way to get rid of the Yetzer Harah (though it is a constant battle) is to busy oneself with positive things. This can include doing people favors, studying Torah, reciting Psalms, etc., etc. So, we don’t just have one specific prayer. We have the entire Jewish experience, as it were, against one Yetzer Harah. That should be enough.

Mitzvot » Prayer » About

Yetzer Hara
Evil inclination. Found in the heart of all humans, and also known as the "Animal Soul"; its purpose is to deter a person from following a life of spirituality and selflessness.
Psalms
The Book of Psalms. One of the 24 books of the Bible. Compiled by King David; mostly comprised of poetic praise for G-d. A large part of our prayers are culled from this book.