How do we know that the "Seventh Day" mentioned in Torah corresponds to Saturday?

Why we sometimes substitute “Hashem" and/or "Elokeinu” for the name of G-d

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Jacobson: Welcome to askmoses. How can I be of help today?

j: Why do we substitute “Hashem Elokeinu” for the name of G-d when we are practicing a blessing or prayer?

Rabbi Jacobson: Because we’re not allowed to say G-d’s Name in vain.

j: Vain? As in not necessary?

j: You mean you can’t say it when you don’t mean it?

Rabbi Jacobson: “Vain” means “for no reason.” G-d’s Names are only to be pronounced in prayer.

Mitzvot » Prayer » Laws and Customs

Hashem
"The Name." Out of respect, we do not explicitly mention G-d's name, unless in the course of prayer. Instead, "Hashem" is substituted.