Is hunting for sport permitted by the Torah?

When do I pray Minchah?

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

The time for praying Minchah commences one half hour* after midday**. Minchah should be recited before sunset, but if one neglected to pray before sunset, it can be recited until tzait hakochavim (when the stars appear). To find out when midday, 1/2 hour after midday, sunset, or tzait hakochavim is, for any date and location, go to http://chabad.org/calendar/zmanim.asp.

*"Halachic time" works differently than the clocks we are used to. In Halachah, time is based on Sha'ot Zmaniyot, "proportional hours" that depend on the season. Halachic hours are not necessarily 60 minutes; instead we take the day, from sunrise until sunset, and divide it into twelve equal parts. Each part constitutes one Halachic hour. In the summer this can be up to 75 minutes and in the winter it can be as little as 45 minutes.

**Midday is six "Halachic Hours" after sunrise.

See also What is Plag Haminchah?

Mitzvot » Prayer » About
Mitzvot » Prayer » Laws and Customs

Halachah
Jewish Law. All halachah which is applicable today is found in the Code of Jewish Law.
Halachic
Pertaining to Jewish Law.
Minchah
Afternoon prayer service. One of the three prayers a Jew is obligated to pray every day.