Why are most synagogues and temples named Beth.......?

When do I pray Musaf?

Library » Daily Life » Prayer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

You may pray Musaf as soon as you have completed the Shacharit prayer. Preferably it should be recited before one hour* after midday**, however, it may be recited until sunset. To find out when one hour after midday, or sunset is, for any date and location, go to http://chabad.org/calendar/zmanim.asp

*"Halachic time" works differently than the clocks we are used to. In Halachah, time is based on Sha'ot Zmaniyot, "proportional hours" that depend on the season. Halachic hours are not necessarily 60 minutes; instead we take the day, from sunrise until sunset, and divide it into twelve equal parts. Each part constitutes one Halachic hour. In the summer this can be up to 75 minutes and in the winter it can be as little as 45 minutes.

**Midday is six Halachic Hours after sunrise.

Mitzvot » Prayer » About
Mitzvot » Prayer » Laws and Customs

Halachah
Jewish Law. All halachah which is applicable today is found in the Code of Jewish Law.
Halachic
Pertaining to Jewish Law.
Shacharit
Morning prayer service. One of the three prayers a Jew is obligated to pray every day.
Musaf
The additional prayer service added (after the morning prayers) on Sabbath, Biblically mandated holidays and the first day of the Jewish month.