How can I explain the reasons for modesty to 5 year old girls?

I am still single and getting on in years--is my life still worth living?

Library » Philosophy » Happiness | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Good question.

I wonder if it is possible for a human being to answer that question. After all, what do I as a human know about the value of another’s life that will give me the insider’s information to be able to say if there still remains purpose in it or not.

The very fact that G-d restored your soul this morning indicates that He thinks there is still reason for you to live
I therefore won’t answer the question.

I will let G-d answer the question.

The very fact that G-d restored your soul and gave you life when you awoke from your sleep this morning indicates that He thinks there is still reason for you to live.

If G-d, the creator of life, thinks you have reason to live, don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Single and Happy

Posted by: Anonymous, Howick, South Africa on Sep 26, 2007

As one who is not young, though I don't know the age of the questioner, and single, can I simply give a word of encouragement.

I think that the rabbi was correct to say don't let anyone else tell you that you have no purpose in living when G-d has given you a definite purpose.

It would not be presumptuous, I don't think to say that you, in some way touch the lives of those around you, and you make a difference.

The Prophet Jeremiah wrote a letter to the people who were exiled. In it, he wrote: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Those people who were exiled must have wondered if life was worth living, but G-d sent them a special message - He had plans for them, and He has plans for you.

The romantic element may be missing at this stage, may never come, but you can be fulfilled if you channel your thoughts along G-d's purposes.

more needed

Posted by: j, la, ca on Jan 01, 2008

this person obviously needs help...pls direct them to counseling, support and some kind of community where they can see that they are needed in life

Life Cycle » Marriage » About