Why Can’t I put on Tefillin at night?

What should be done if I forgot to light the Shabbat candles in time?

Library » Shabbat » Candle Lighting | Subscribe | What is RSS?

If one has, G-d forbid, forgotten to kindle the Shabbat candles before sunset, a non-Jew should be requested to light the candles. The Jew then covers her (or his) eyes and recites the blessing with a slight variation: Boruch attah... asher kidishanu... al hadlakat haner. (Blessed are You... Who has sanctified us... and commanded us regarding the kindling of the candle.)

Women & Judaism » Women's Mitzvot » Candle Lighting