What is the meaning of "Yasher Koach"?

I am a single man, do I have to light Shabbat candles?

Library » Shabbat » Candle Lighting | Subscribe | What is RSS?

It is your obligation to light a candle, and say the blessing, every Friday afternoon.

The Mitzvah of Shabbat candles applies to men and women equally. However, for several reasons the rabbis instituted that if there is a woman (over the age of Bat Mitzvah) in the house, she should be the one who fulfills the obligation for the entire household (see "Why is Shabbat candle lighting a woman's Mitzvah?" and "Who lights Shabbat candles?"). If there aren't any women in the house, then the obligation falls on the man.

The mitzvah of Shabbat candles applies to men and women equally!

Women & Judaism » Women's Mitzvot » Candle Lighting

Bat Mitzvah
The twelvth birthday of a Jewish female. On this day -- customarily celebrated with a lavish party -- the adolescent reaches adulthood and is responsible to observe all the commandments of the Torah.