What is the Jewish view on "Trick or Treat"?

Can gentiles pray at the Western Wall?

by Rabbi Moshe Miller

Library » Israel » Holy Land | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Yes they can and often do. The verse states, "My house is a house of prayer for all peoples..." (Isaiah 56:7).

Posted by: Greg, Enterprise, AL on Aug 03, 2006

If non-Jews are allowed and encouraged to pray at the Western Wall using Isaiah 56:7 as a justification..."a house of prayer for all people", then must we look at verse 6 as well? (paraphrased) "Also the sons of the stranger that join themselves to Hashem and love him, keep my sabbath and do not pollute it, taketh hold of my covenant; then these I will bring to the house of prayer and make them joyful, accept their sacrifices and it shall be called a house of prayer for all people"

Would this be a correct assumption allowing and encourageing non-jew believer to keep the Sabbath also?

Only those who "join themselves to Hashem and love him" -- i.e. convert to Judaism -- should observe the Shabbat. This isn't a required in order to pray by the Western Wall.

more information:

Posted by: LM, buffalo, ny on Dec 08, 2006

more information about gentiles (Noahides) and the Sabbath can be found at http://www.asknoah.org

Jewish Identity » Non-Jews » The Role of the Non-Jew

Isaiah
1. One of the greatest prophets, lived in the 7th century BCE. 2. One of the 24 books of the Bible, containing the prophecies of Isaiah. The book is filled with prophecies concerning the Messianic redemption.