Why is the seventh day of Passover a special holiday?

Why are there so many Mitzvahs?

Library » Mitzvot » What are they? | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Mrs. Tzivie Greenberg: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment...what's on your mind?

Themanwithaquestion: I heard that the Jewish religion has more than just the Ten Commandments, is this true?

Mrs. Tzivie Greenberg: Yes. Actually, there are 613 commandments.

Themanwithaquestion: Why so many? (Sorry, I am just curious.) Aren't the Ten Commandments enough?

Mrs. Tzivie Greenberg: Commandments are the will of G-d...

Themanwithaquestion: Yes, I understand that it is the will of God. I just want to know why He decided to give so many.

Mrs. Tzivie Greenberg: Each commandment is another way for us to connect with G-d. G-d gave us many ways in which we can connect to Him, thus transforming so many parts of our otherwise mundane day, into holy moments. 

Themanwithaquestion: Thanks for that insight.

Mrs. Tzivie Greenberg: You're welcome. Bye.