Is a Kohen allowed to be in the same room as a gentile corpse?

Why should I observe Jewish rituals if I don't believe in G-d?

by Mrs. Sarah Levi

Library » Mitzvot » Should I do them? | Subscribe | What is RSS?

That's precisely why--because you're Jewish.

Most people will respond: "commandment!" when you ask them "What does the word 'Mitzvah' mean?" But the Hebrew word "mitzvah" means "connection" too. The commands we received from G-d are a means to connect to G-d, as well as to the spirituality within us.

...the Hebrew word "mitzvah" means "connection" too. The commands we received from G-d are a means to connect to G-d, as well as to the spirituality within us
According to Kabbalah, the Jewish soul is comprised of 613 powers that correspond to the 613 mitzvahs. Every mitzvah you do activates a corresponding soul-power.

In other words, when you do a mitzvah, you become conscious of the subconscious spiritual connection you have with the Divine.

When you do a mitzvah, you do not become a believer in G-d--you simply manifest a condition that is already there.

In conclusion, if you are Jewish and (think that you) do not believe in G-d, that is a good reason to do a mitzvah. It will help you realize who you really are and what you truly believe.

Kabbalah
Jewish mysticism. The word Kaballah means "reception," for we cannot physically perceive the Divine, we merely study the mystical truths which were transmitted to us by G-d Himself through His righteous servants.