What are the 24 books of the Tanach (Bible)?

Why did G-d give us so many rules?

Library » Mitzvot » Should I do them? | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Why is it important for one who is boating across a stormy sea to have so many rules: you have to stand here, but not there; you have to face the sails this way, not the other; you can't jump into the stormy, shark-infested water for a pleasure dip right now, etc.

G-d was kind enough to tell us how to navigate our lives through the turbulent waters of this world... the goal is to reach the other side as a spiritual person who has completed his or her mission in this world
You get the idea...?

G-d was kind enough to tell us how to navigate our lives through the turbulent waters of this world. The goal is to reach the other side as a spiritual person who has completed his or her mission in this world, and to receive the deserved reward.

Bounderies in life

Posted by: Cindee Grimes, Shaumburg, IL on Nov 13, 2004

Your answer regarding why it is important to have boundries in life is so awesome I printed several copies and will be handing them out to everyone.

Rules and Boundaries

Posted by: Phil W on Sep 08, 2006

This example makes perfect sense. I often use a similar example that G-d designed all of creation and therefore there are laws and principles in effect in all aspects and areas of life. We can learn and know them because He wants us to and has revealed them. When we break them or don't follow them we feel the negative consequences and when we do life according to His design we get the benefits. By learning how He designed it, we can master it.