What is the literal meaning of “Yad Vashem”?

Why are we here?

Library » G-d » Me and Him | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question:

I don't have a problem believing in G-d's existence and His creation of the world and His involvement in nature, in everything happening around us. But I really don't understand why we, I mean humans, were created. What's the point of us being here? What do we matter? I mean, I revere Him and I'm awed at the complexity of the world He's created and how He's in control of everything, and if He tells us to do something of course we should do it. I also understand that on His part it is an act of kindness to give us life and all, but what can I do from my part to understand why we were created and how can I show G-d that I understand?

Does the thought of Him bring butterflies to your stomach?
Answer:

You believe in G-d, and you revere G-d.

But do you love G-d?

I don't just mean stating the words "I love you G-d", or paying lip service by saying "sure I love G-d". I mean being seriously in love with G-d.

Do you think about Him constantly? Do you yearn for Him? Does the thought of Him bring butterflies to your stomach? Do you forget about your own needs when you are thinking of Him?

Do you ever feel like you will raise valleys and flatten mountains just to make Him happy? Do you feel down when He is upset? Are you rejoiced by His rejoicing?

Do you ever wake up in the morning and say "what can I do to make G-d happy today?"

Do you some times wish you could just see Him? Do you ever desire to "show Him off" to others? Do you crave to walk into a room full of your friends and show them the love of your life: G-d?

Try to think of G-d in those terms. Believe in Him. Revere Him. But love Him as well.

After all, that's why you exist!

G-d desired to be loved, appreciated, recognized, and experienced.

So He created you!