Why did the Sadducees dispute the authenticity of the Oral Torah?

How do I know that I am getting close to G-d?

Library » G-d » Me and Him | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question:

How do I know if what I am doing brings me close to G-d? --Marion63

Answer:

If you review your day and see that your actions were in accordance with G-d's will, you are close to Hashem; you are living His lifestyle.

If you review your day and see that not all of your actions were in accordance with His will, but compared to yesterday more of your actions were indeed in accordance with His will, you are getting closer.

Hashem
"The Name." Out of respect, we do not explicitly mention G-d's name, unless in the course of prayer. Instead, "Hashem" is substituted.