Why does G-d give us annoying little siblings?

How can I remember to think about G-d all the time?

by Rabbi Simcha Bart

Library » G-d » Me and Him | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question:

Are we supposed to constantly think about G-d, at every second? It's very easy to forget and think about things that are going on, too. Much obliged, Manny

Answer:

Awareness and conscious thought are two separate things. It is impossible to have more than one conscious thought at a time, but we are aware that we are alive, for example, while thinking about something else. Because of this awareness, a person will not do something dangerous, even while thinking about grocery shopping.

So too, we need to have an awareness of G-d, and act accordingly - never to lose track of what we are meant to do in accordance with His wishes.