What is the Halachah regarding blood-spots found in eggs?

How do I get G-d to give me what I want?

Library » G-d » Me and Him | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question:

Is there a way for G-d to give you something that you want? Or do you have to accept that sometimes you can't get what you want? What if you can't accept that?

Answer:

There are ways to increase your chances of getting what you want, but there are no guarantees. And if you can't accept that, it's time to grow up.

Prayer (especially praying sincerely for OTHERS who are also in need of what you desire), charity, and being kind to others, are good methods of increasing your chances that G-d will give you what you want.

However, ultimately G-d knows better, and sometimes He knows that it is actually best if you don't get what you want, and for that (or another) reason, He might not give it to you.

But to live with an attitude that you must get whatever you want, be it from G-d or anyone else, is very childish and very unhealthy.

A Holy Rabbi once told his student: you need to be like a goat. A goat has to be concerned about one thing - giving milk. As far as what she, the goat, needs, that is the farmer's problem. So too you, said the Rabbi, need to be concerned about one thing: doing, giving, for the purpose you were created. As far as what you need, let G-d take care of that.

G-d » A Caring G-d