How do I explain G-d to a young child?

What happens to people who don't believe in G-d?

Library » G-d » Belief in G-d | Subscribe | What is RSS?

searching: does G-d love me?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: sure

searching: how can i find him in my life?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: by applying his wish to your life

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: live in accordance with His will, study about His doings, and you will find Him in your life

searching: whats His wish?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: The Torah

searching: And how do i know if its really right?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: do it and you feel it

searching: what happens to people who dont believe in Him?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: They lack in life

searching: will He punish them though?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: perhaps - or perhaps the punishment will be a consequence of their lack of beliefe itself

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: in other words, imagine you speak bad about a teacher all year, and you convince yourself that the teacher could not hear you and doesn't know what you ar saying ... then one day at the end of the year you find out there was a little microphone in the class and the teacher heard everything you said all this time... won'e you feel SICK and worthless the next time you ahve to face that teacher

searching: yes

searching: will we all face Gd one day?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: so imagine a person lives his whole life denying the existence of G-d, and then one day comes face to face with G-d!

searching: But some people are never taught about him- and they have no way of knowing the truth

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: well if they have no way of knowing then they might not feel so bad... but they will still feel deprived of not knowing earlier