What is the meaning of Free Choice?

Am I a bad Jew if I don't believe in G-d?

Library » G-d » Belief in G-d | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question:

--SammyK

Answer:

If you don't believe in G-d, who defines good or bad?

If you define it yourself, why are you asking me :-)

Besides, if you don't believe in G-d, what is the meaning of Jew?

The meaning of Jew is that G-d believes in you, and He selected you to carry out a mission for Him, for yourself, and for all of mankind.

If you believe in that mission you believe in G-d.

You might not believe in a particular image or description of G-d; a description professed by some ism, or an image stuck in your mind since your childhood. But that doesn't mean you don't believe in G-d. In fact, if you don't believe in these 'portraits' of G-d (physical or descriptive), it is a demonstration of your belief in G-d, since G-d prohibits any images of Himself, and cannot be described through human conjecture.

The bottom line is G-d has faith in you. Figure out why, and you will discover not only G-d, but yourself as well.

Jewish Identity » Who/What is a Jew?
Best of AskMoses
Best of AskMoses » G-d