Are marital relations permitted during the Nine Days?

When traveling on Chanukah where do I light the Menorah?

by Rabbi Simcha Bart

Library » Holidays » Chanukah » The Laws | Subscribe | What is RSS?

1) There are many user-friendly, portable menorahs out there on the market. Even on the road you should try to light in your hotel room or wherever you will be lodging. If you find yourself stuck without a Menorah, you should be able to pick one up at your local Chabad Center.

If you are staying with a Jewish family, you can (light your own menorah or, alternatively, you may) participate in their lighting by giving the owner some coins to “purchase” a part in his candles.

2) If all the above isn’t an option, and if you have family at home – a wife or children over bar/Bat Mitzvah – they may have you in mind when they light.

Menorah
Candelabra. Usually a reference to the nine-branched candelabra kindled on the holiday of Chanukah.
Bat Mitzvah
The twelvth birthday of a Jewish female. On this day -- customarily celebrated with a lavish party -- the adolescent reaches adulthood and is responsible to observe all the commandments of the Torah.