What is the chain of the Oral Law?

Do I need to dress up in a costume for Purim?

Library » Holidays » Purim » The Customs | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Eilfort: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment..., but you should know, I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE!

Suzy: Do I need to dress up in a costume for Purim? or can i skip the costume and go as myself?

Rabbi Eilfort: u don't have to. there is no requirement according to jewish law to dress up

Suzy: ok, just wanted to check

Rabbi Eilfort: no prob

[Ed. note: see Why do we wear a costume on Purim?]

Purim
A one-day holiday celebrated in late winter commemorating the miraculous deliverance of the Jewish people from a decree of annihilation issued by Persian King Ahasuerus in the year 356 BCE.