Why do we dip a finger into the leftover havdalah wine and dab it over the eyes?

Can one take music lessons during the Omer period?

Library » Holidays » Counting the Omer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Mrs. Shaffer: Welcome......how can I help you?:)

Dinah: if we cant listen to music [Ed. note: during the Omer period. See What exactly is prohibited during the Omer mourning period?], can my kids practice their music or do we stop their lessons now

Mrs. Shaffer: they're allowed to practice, only listening to music for purpose of pleasure is forbidden

Dinah: okay...thank you

Ed. note: Askmoses.com offers general Jewish information, and does not issue Halachic rulings. To find out the accepted practice in your community speak to a local Rov.

Omer
Starting from the second day of Passover, we count forty-nine days. The fiftieth day is the holiday of Shavuot. This is called the “Counting of the Omer” because on the second day of Passover the barley “Omer” offering was offered in the Holy Temple, and we count forty-nine days from this offering. [Literally, "Omer" is a certain weight measure; the required amount of barley for this sacrifice.]
Dinah
Daughter of Leah and Jacob. She was abducted by Shechem, but was rescued through the heroism of her brothers Shimon and Levi