How many prophets were there and who were they?

Is it permissable to cut finger or toe nails during the Omer?

Library » Holidays » Counting the Omer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Yossi Turk: Bienvenidos Welcome. Un minuto ya lo atiendo. I'll be with you in a moment...

Zalmen: Shalom aleichem

Zalmen: Is it permissable to cut one's nails during the Omer?

Rabbi Yossi Turk: yes

Omer
Starting from the second day of Passover, we count forty-nine days. The fiftieth day is the holiday of Shavuot. This is called the “Counting of the Omer” because on the second day of Passover the barley “Omer” offering was offered in the Holy Temple, and we count forty-nine days from this offering. [Literally, "Omer" is a certain weight measure; the required amount of barley for this sacrifice.]