Can I take a haircut during Chol Hamoed?

Why don't women wear kippahs?

Library » Daily Life » Clothing » Kippah | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Shlomo: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment...what's on your mind?

Shirley27: hello rabbi

Shirley27: my question is why do the men wear the yarmulkah and women dont

Rabbi Shlomo: women don't have to for two reason: 1) Women have a stricter code of modesty, and so they are already reminded of G-d in their dress. 2) Women are naturally more intuitive into spiritual concepts and G-d and thus don't need as tangible and physical a reminder as the men need

Shirley27: Thanks for you help

Rabbi Shlomo: You're welcome