How many shofar blasts do we hear on Rosh Hashanah?

Must I convert to Judaism in order to learn Kabbalah?

by Mrs. Dinka Kumer

Library » Jewish Identity » Non-Jews » The Role of the Non-Jew | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Kabbalah is an integral component of the Torah. As with all aspects of Torah, non-Jews should study the teachings which enable and enhance their service of G-d through the fulfillment of the Seven Noahide Laws. Learning the Kabbalah and Jewish mystical teachings which have pertinence for you—no conversion required—will facilitate the fulfillment of your role in G-d’s world plan.

A warning to the wise. Not every Kabbalah scholar should be trusted. Steer clear of “Kabbalah” that promises easy results (especially if you are asked to pay for it), or mysticism movements that teach deviance from traditional Torah practice.

Kabbalah and non-Jews

Posted by: Rachel on Apr 23, 2006

I have heard two different "rulings" about non-Jews learning Kabbalah. I was always under the impression that only learned Jews are to study Kabbalah but now I am hearing (mostly from Chassidim) that it is okay for gentiles to learn Kabbalah.

If non-Jews are not permitted to learn Mishnah/Talmud then why should they be permitted to learn Kabbalah?

Non-Jews may study any and all sections of the Torah -- including the Mishna and Talmud -- which are applicable to them. A proper understanding of the Divine is necessary in order to be able to optimally observe the 1st of the Noahide Laws: the prohibition against idolatry (and the belief in the One G-d).

Torah » Kabbalah » About

Kabbalah
Jewish mysticism. The word Kaballah means "reception," for we cannot physically perceive the Divine, we merely study the mystical truths which were transmitted to us by G-d Himself through His righteous servants.