How is Passover celebrated?

Can an intermarriage take place in a synagogue & with a Rabbi?

Library » Life Cycle » Marriage » Intermarriage | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Yossi Mandel: Hello. Please be patient, as I am chatting with more than 1 person. I'll be with you shortly.

Jane: Do both partners have to be Jews to be married in a synagogue?

Rabbi Yossi Mandel: yes

Rabbi Yossi Mandel: Maybe the following from our knowledgebase will be helpful... http://www.askmoses.com/article/539,2178346/Where-does-the-Torah-prohibit-Intermarriage.html

Jane: Under any circumstances can a Rabbi perform a marriage with one partner a non Jew?

Rabbi Yossi Mandel: A Rabbi has no power to do so, as the wedding ceremony sanctifies the relationship between the husband and wife.

Rabbi Yossi Mandel: How can a relationship not allowed by G-d be sanctified?

Jane: Thank you for answering my question. You have been very helpful.

Jewish Identity » Non-Jews » Intermarriage