What and when is the Fast of the Firstborn?

Was the Torah written with vowels?

Library » Torah » The Bible » About | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Gurkow: Welcome to the Rabbi's one on one chat room, how can I help you today?

Mikey: was Torah written with vowels, what role the vowels play in interpretation of biblical hebrew?

Rabbi Gurkow: it was written without vowels but the volwels were taught to Moshe and he taught it to the people of his generations

Rabbi Gurkow: vowels play an important role because many words can have more than one meaning and the meaning depends on its "vowelization"

Rabbi Gurkow: if that's a word :-)