How do I deal with my secular and uninterested parent?

What is Kabbalah? ...And Why?

by Rabbi Yerachmiel Tilles

www.kabbalaonline.org

Library » Torah » Kabbalah » About | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Kabbalah is the ancient Jewish mystical tradition which teaches the deepest insights into the essence of G-d, His interaction with the world, and the purpose of Creation. The Kabbalah and its teachings - no less than the Law - are an integral part of the  Torah. They are traced back to the revelation to Moses at Sinai, and some of them even before. The Kabbalah itself teaches that its study is an important method for helping to advance the final Messianic redemption and perfect the world.

Republished from www.kabbalaonline.org

Kabbalah
Jewish mysticism. The word Kaballah means "reception," for we cannot physically perceive the Divine, we merely study the mystical truths which were transmitted to us by G-d Himself through His righteous servants.