Can I invite a non-Jew to a Passover seder?

Why don't we have miracles today like those described in the Bible?

by Mrs. Sarah Levi

Library » Philosophy » Miracles | Subscribe | What is RSS?

If you look in the Bible you will see that following many of the miracles, the people still didn't get it. The reason for this is that in order to really acknowledge G-d, the work must be done within.

Miracles are real cool, but have less effect than a personal resolve to do a good deed.

The ultimate miracle is a Jew who lives as a Jew amidst a hostile and militantly secular society -- without the benefit of the splitting of the Red Sea to bolster his or her belief and convictions
So, in answer to your question: we do have miracles today. The difference is that in ancient times G-d performed the miracles; now we must make miracles. The ultimate miracle is a Jew who lives as a Jew amidst a hostile and militantly secular society -- without the benefit of the splitting of the Red Sea to bolster his or her belief and convictions.

Now go and do your miracle!

TAGS: miracles

No miracles?

Posted by: Daniel, Seattle, WA on Jan 12, 2006

Hashem has protected Israel time and time again. Rabbi Lazar Brody has a very good example of this:
"During the first Gulf War back in January of 1991, the entire world thought that Israel would be buried, G-d forbid, under a barrage of Sadaam Hussein's satanic chemical and biological warheads. As it was, Israel was hit with 39 SKUD missiles, suffered millions of dollars of damages, but with only one person killed. One the other hand, one such SKUD fell on an American military outpost in Saudi Arabia, killing 25 and injuring more than 150."
The fact the Israel survived independence and continues to grow and prosper despite being surround by blood thirsty Ishmaelites is a miracle.
While I haven't seen the red sea part, Hashem has done some wonderous things for me when I needed His help the most.

No miracles?

Posted by: Rebecca, Shreveport, LA on Jun 14, 2006

How can there be no miracles when there are still children being born? There are many miracles, but we just don't recognize them as such.

Torah » The Bible » About