If Judaism is G-d's true word, why does G-d allow other religions?

Seemingly, religion promotes world perfection. Historically, tyrants “perfected” the world.

by Rabbi Eyal Ravnoy

Library » Philosophy » Religion | Subscribe | What is RSS?

G-d doesn’t like perfect people. In fact, nowhere in the Torah does G-d take pride in someone who is perfect. One can excel in some attribute or other, but that is it. Regarding perfection, the Torah itself claims (Ecclesiastes 7:20): “For there is no man so righteous on earth who does only good and never sins.”

In short, the best friend of “good” is “better,” and its worst enemy is “best.” Communism wasn’t happy with “good” or “better,” but wanted “best”—and it gave us “worst.”

As a reality check to all social perfectionists, G-d says (Deuteronomy 15:11): “For destitute people will not cease to exist within the Land; therefore I command you, saying: ‘You shall surely open your hand to your brother, to your poor, and to your destitute in your Land.’ ”

But will there ever be a perfect world?

“However, there will be no destitute among you; rather, Hashem will surely bless you in the Land that Hashem, your G-d, will give you (Deuteronomy 15:4).” In other words, while you should strive to make things better and easier on everybody, leave the perfection-making to the perfect G-d.

Perfection

Posted by: Eduardo, Guatemala, Guatemala on Feb 10, 2006

We pray everyday in the Shema that if we follow Hashem`s instructions, we will be saints in his eyes. Isn`t this a little of perfection? Nevertheless, I agree with you, trying to be perfect can be the worst way to be. We humans by nautre are not perfect, so going against our nature can bring confusion and problems. I liked your article..

good point

Posted by: Gregory, Edmonds, WA on Feb 21, 2006

A good and honest refutation of Christian dogma.
Hashem
"The Name." Out of respect, we do not explicitly mention G-d's name, unless in the course of prayer. Instead, "Hashem" is substituted.
Ecclesiastes
One of the 24 books of the Bible. This book of wise sayings was authored by King Solomon.
Deuteronomy
The fifth of the Five Books of Moses. This book is a record of the monologue which Moses spoke to the Israelites in the five weeks prior to his passing.