At what point during the prayers can I insert a private prayer?

What is the difference between the teachings of Chabad and other Chassidic streams?

Library » Chassidism » Rebbe » Chassidic Masters | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: Welcome to the Rabbi's one on one chat room, how can I help you today?

Yehudah: whats the diffrence between the teachings of Chabad Chassidut and other chassidut?

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: Chabad Chassidus tends to be more philosophical

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: other chassidus tends to be more inspirational

Yehudah: more details...?

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: chabad chassidus aims to teach the student about G-d, creation, a soul, spirituality, purpose of life, etc.

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: with the goal that the student be able to master the material himself and to become self inspired through meditation and introspection

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: the other Chassidus tends to take a different approach

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: it aims to impart inspirational words of Torah that stimualte the heart and soul and arouse the passion for G-d that is latent in every Jewish soul

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: the difference between the two is that the chabad Chassid will achieve inspiration on his or her own merit

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: but the other chassid who is fed by the Rebbe and the torah that the rebbe teaches

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: will probably or at least possibly attain a higher measure of inspiration

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: since it is fed to him from a higher source

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: however, he will always be source dependant

Yehudah: do other Chassidim learn more simple concepts and chabad go much deeper?

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: I would not call any chassidus simple at all

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: the concepts are pretty much the same

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: but chabad chassidus does tend to explain the concepts in much more detail and on many different levels

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: so that the concepts can come alive for the lay person

Yehudah: focus is more on internalization?

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: correct

Yehudah: thanx so much..

Yehudah: you were really a great help...

Yehudah: have a good day

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: Thank you for visiting Ask Moses today and I invite you to come back at any time

Jewish Identity » Jewish "Labels" » Chabad
Chassidism » Chabad
Chassidism » Chassidic Concepts

Chassid
(Pl.: Chassidim; Adj.: Chassidic) A follower of the teachings of Rabbi Israel Baal Shem Tov (1698-1760), the founder of "Chassidut." Chassidut emphasizes serving G-d with sincerity and joy, and the importance of connecting to a Rebbe (saintly mentor).
Chassidim
(Pl.: Chassidim; Adj.: Chassidic) Following the teachings of Rabbi Israel Baal Shem Tov (1698-1760), the founder of "Chassidut." Chassidut emphasizes serving G-d with sincerity and joy, and the importance of connecting to a Rebbe (saintly mentor).
Chassidut
The teachings of the Chassidic masters. Chassidut takes mystical concepts such as G-d, the soul, and Torah, and makes them understandable, applicable and practical.