What's the best way to deal with parents who hate their Judaism?

Is it permissible according to Jewish Law for men to dye their hair?

by Rabbi Moshe Miller

Library » Daily Life » Clothing » "Jewish" Clothing | Subscribe | What is RSS?

No, as this falls under the prohibition of “a man shall not wear a woman's clothing” (Deuteronomy 22:5). The Talmud (Shabbat 94b) gives the example of a man plucking the white hairs from his beard so that his age won’t show. Rashi explains that being careful with one’s appearance in this manner is a feminine behavior, and is therefore forbidden for a man. The same would apply to dying or highlighting the hair—it’s is not a “male thing.”

Posted by: Charles Summers, Toledo, Ohio on May 13, 2006

I think further light to the question can be found in Leviticus 19:32 and Proverbs 16:31. The "hoary head" is a good thing (if found in the way of righteousness). Why would I be embarrassed by a natural thing that G-d has set in motion?
Rashi
Acronym for Rabbi Shlomo Yitzchaki (1040-1105). Legendary French scholar who authored the fundemental and widely accepted "Rashi commentary" on the entire Bible and Talmud.
Deuteronomy
The fifth of the Five Books of Moses. This book is a record of the monologue which Moses spoke to the Israelites in the five weeks prior to his passing.