Does a mourner have to switch places in the synagogue?

What do I do if I forgot to set aside an Eruv Tavshilin?

Library » Holidays » General Information » Forbidden Activities | Subscribe | What is RSS?

When making his own Eruv Tavshilin, each rabbi covers for all members of his community. Thus, you can rely on his Eruv if you forgot to set aside your own.

This loophole only applies to one who did not make an Eruv due to extenuating circumstances. If, however, one was simply neglectful, then he can only rely on the rabbi's Eruv the first time this occurs. Afterwards, he is considered an "established" disregarder of this rabbinic decree, and is not permitted to prepare for the Shabbat on Yom Tov.

Instead, there is another loophole available, which involves "transferring ownership" of the raw cooking materials to another person who has made an Eruv. Your rabbi will advise you on the exact procedure of this transfer.

See What is an Eruv Tavshilin?

Holidays » General Information » Holiday Information

Yom Tov
Jewish Holiday.