What is Kosher?

Where do I light my holiday candles during Sukkot?

Library » Holidays » Sukkot » The Sukkah | Subscribe | What is RSS?

During the holiday of Sukkot, the candles should be lit in the Sukkah, and should remain there throughout the meal. If it is windy outside, and there is concern that the candles might be extinguished, the candles should be placed in a window or doorway, visible to those sitting in the Sukkah.

Holidays » General Information » Holiday Candles

Sukkot
A seven day autumn festival commemorating the miracle of the Heavenly Clouds which enveloped the Jews while traveling in the desert for forty years. On this holiday we dwell in makeshift booths and shake the Four Species.
Sukkah
The temporary structure in which we are required to dwell for the duration of the holiday of Sukkot. The Sukkah must have at least three walls and its roof consists of unsecured branches, twigs or wooden slats.